Here is a link to a nest cam for a pair of peregrine falcons living on city hall in San Jose. It is really kinda neat. Be patient because sometimes the babies are laying really still and against the white background are hard to see.? There are three babies…two females and a male.
1) Brake DRUMS wear out on your car. How often do you take your car in for maintenance? Are you fastidious about it, or do you let stuff go?
Well I am firm believer in the 3000 mile oil change rule. I don’t take it in though, my dad currently does it for me. I have my dad do my brakes when it is time too.
2) A neighbor’s house burns down in a FIRE. You have a hunch, but no proof, that the neighbor did it for the insurance. Do you alert the authorities?
I would not alert the authorities because I have no proof. However if the authorities came to me and asked me I would let them know that I had a hunch but no proof.
3) Your ear DRUM is hurting like crazy. Do you bother to go to the doctors?
It depends on how bad it hurts and if I have other symptoms. If It is just an earache I will wait a couple days to see if it gets better before rushing off to see the doctor.
4) Think of song or movie with “FIRE” in the title. What is it? Why did it pop into your mind?
Well the first song I can think of is the song Fire Woman by The Cult. I have always enjoyed this song…specifically these lyrics:
You shake it up, you’re to blame, got me swayin’ little honey.
My heart’s a ball of burnin’ flame.
Now the first movie that pops into my mind doesn’t have the word FIRE in the title but is about firefighters and that is Backdraft. I really like that movie. But I didn’t like the Backdraft attraction at Universal Studios because being that close to the fire scared the living daylights out of me.
5) Remember Stephen King’s “The Shining,” and the whole reDRUM thing? Have you read much King? Seen his movies? Been by his house? Anything related to him at all?
I have read most of his books…with the exception of the Dark Tower series which are too sci-fi for me. I love the books he has written under the pen name Richard Bachman with Thinner being my absolute favorite. Did you know that Richard Bachman has a new book coming out? He does…it is called Blaze. I am looking forward to it. His newer book The Cell is in my large TO READ pile and I haven’t gotten his Lisely’s Story yet…but I really want it. Stephen King is also the author of one of the best writing books I have ever read, called On Writing.
I have not been by his house because he lives in Maine…and that is a bit far for me for a Sunday drive.
I have also read a book by his son who writes under the name Joe Hill. He has writen a book called Heart-Shaped Box that was a good book. On my wishlist is his first book 20th Century Ghosts…a book of short stories. I have also have just purchased Owen King’s book, who is also Stephen King’s son.
Bonus: What color FIRE ENGINE do you prefer: Red, White, or Yellow/Green? Why?
This is a great question…to which the quick answer is Orange (I have seen them so they do exist). I have an interesting long answer though.
When I was young I would get up early when my dad got up to go to work. Then after he left I would crawl into bed with my mom before officially beginning my day. My mom…of course would be trying to sleep but I was rested and wanted to talk and invariably the conversation would go like this:
Me: Let’s Talk
Mom: What do you want to talk about Amy?
Me: (after thinking for a minute) Fire Engines!
Mom: What about fire engines?
Me: Well..mostly they are red…but sometimes they are yellow like the one’s by Sweetie Pie’s house…
(sweetie pie was my nickname for my paternal grandfather…no one knows where I got it but it is just what I called him).
Fill-in #21: I’m doing it a bit different this week; below are seven quotes…if you know the quote, feel free to fill it in but it’d be more fun to fill them in with your own words!
1. How poor are they who have not patience to read!
2. All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, compulsion, desire,? habit,? nature, passion and reason. (see I do remember something from school).
3. It’s the friends that matter most of all.
4. Hate none, love all.
5. Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
6. I don’t give a damn for a man that can only whine.
7. The advantage of a bad memory is that you often buy two of something so that you have one to share.
Have a great weekend!.
Just some notes that may or may not be of interest:
- I redid my amazon wishlists.? I know it was kind of unwieldy being nearly 12 pages long and stuff. The link here takes you to my book wishlist. On the left side you should see a navigation box that lets you switch to the other lists (dvds, music, miscellaneious, crafty stuff).
- I haven’t been posting (obviously). It has been crazy busy right now but I will make more time…I promise.
- Am always a little suspicious when my dad calls and says “Do you have plans on [insert day of week here]“.? Must learn not to be so suspicious, as this time he was calling to tell me he got tickets and paddock passes to The US Sports Car Invitational.? It isn’t Nascar…but it’ll do me. I am excited by the paddock pass and you can bet your buttocks I am taking my camera.
- Speaking of races and Nascar…I don’t speak about it much but I LOVE motorsports…specifically Nascar. And you will probably begin hearing more about this.
- BADGROOVE is going to be going through a little redesign in about a month to 6 weeks as I have commissioned myself some new skins made specifically for me. If you have some navigation suggestions or any suggestions really just let me know via email or comment.
First the friday Fill-in:
1. It’s nearly the weekend! Woohoo!
2. Only 13 more days til PotC!.
3. It was Thursday yesterday! [ed. note: that was for Monique!]
4. I love my Nintendo DS.
5. Wealth is something that doesn’t matter, unless you are a banker or a snob.
6. Mothers: Love.
7. I’d like to do some more crocheting and watch The Dodge Avenger 500 at Darlington? this weekend (hmmm maybe I will do both at the same time).
**NOW THE MI-5**
1) You have to preach a sermon this Sunday. What is your subject? Why?
I dunno…probably forgiveness and why it is important.
2) You’re a lawyer. You somehow find out a client you represent really is guilty. Do you continue to defend him/her, or find a way to bail? Explain.
It would probably depend on what my client did. If it was something horrid like rape or murder I would decline to represent my client. I just couldn’t in my mind defend someone who has seriously injured somebody. If it was something less serious like drunk driving or narcotics infractions I might take the case and try to get them help…by convincing them they needed rehab or whatever.
3) You’re a car salesperson. Someone comes in and wants “the coolest thing on the lot.” What do you show them?
Well I guess that would depend on the person, their finances and what kind of lot I am working on. I definitely wouldn’t push them into something beyond their means.
4) You’re a doctor. One of your patients has a terminal illness. Do you tell them the truth, or lie to them thinking some positive energy on their part might prolong their life?
I would tell then the truth- definitely.
5) You’re a chef. The president of Yukoclakia is coming for dinner. What do you serve?
Well it would depend on what kind of food Yukoclakia eats culturally. I wouldn’t serve them beef or pork if they don’t eat it in the home country. I might try to look for some native recipes…and cook one or two of those as well as some good old american food…who doesn’t love a barbeque?
According to this article on SI.com Dale Earnhardt Jr. is leaving the DEI at the end of the 2007 racing season. This is no surprise since it was in the rumor mill that this might happen as early as Daytona at the beginning of the season.
What excited me most about this article however is the fact that it says that Dale wants to stay with Chevy and would most likely take Budweiser with him (smart move Budweiser)….and there is a possibility that he will jump over to Joe Gibbs racing…which would make my two favorite drivers team mates (those being Tony Stewart and Dale Junior).
Of course there is a rumor that he may also join Harvick with car owner Richard Childress or that he may start up his own team…however I can dream can’t I??
What? You are craving some Roxy cuteness? Who could blame you really.
Roxy models her pink patchwork scarf:
A week or so later? Roxy is proud to display her Rocker bandana (Or pirate depending on her mood):
And since you asked so nicely…a bonus video of Roxy. (linked because I can not figure out how to embed with wordpress.
Friday Fill-in Time
1. I love a good book with my coffee/tea/etc.
2. June can’t arrive too fast!
3. My friend Misty is a good listener.
4. Days like today when the sky is cloudy and the weather is rainy are so (not) awesome!
5. I am still not done with your book.
6. Gerber Daisys are my favorite spring flowers.
7. This weekend, I’m getting my laundry done early and sleeping in!